Beer & Brewing
Beer is globally the third most popular drink after water and tea. The beer industry is on the rise according to the craft beer hype. Craft beer has boosted the business of micro-breweries in India.
- Indian Beer Market is projected to grow at a CAGR over 7.6% during 2018-2024
- The beer market in India will grow at 14.57 percent on the basis of revenue and volume over the period 2013-2018.
- India is among the top five beer markets in Asia Pacific in terms of volume.
- The beer industry in India has more than 85 large breweries.
- The sales of craft beer is witnessing a growth of 20% year-on-year.
Wines & Spirits
The wine production increased in India due to a growing middle class. Major wine producers in Europe are likely to set up their manufacturing facility in the country considering it is a lucrative market.
- Wine consumption in India is likely to reach about 37 million litres by 2018 from the level of 18 million litres as of 2014.
- Indian liquor continues to dominate the top 100 spirits brands worldwide.
- The alcoholic beverages market growth rate to reach a value of INR 5.3 trillion in FY 2026.
With a rise in health awareness and the easy availability of bottled water, the per capita consumption of bottled water in India is on the increase. Growth of sales of bottled water is being driven by rising incomes.
- The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 22%, to reach INR 160bn in FY 2018
- Packaged water segment is expected to have a market size of Rs 21,500 crore
Milk & Liquids
India has been the leading producer and consumer of dairy products worldwide since 1998 with a sustained growth in the availability of milk and milk products.
- Milk has highest value in Indian agriculture and food sector, more than combined value of wheat and rice.
- Milk contributes close to the 1/3rd of gross income of rural households.
- The dairy sector comprises majority of share of India’s gross domestic product.
Vinegar, mustard, ketchup or soya, etc.
- Edible oil sector grew 25.6 per cent to cross the Rs 1.3 trillion mark in 2017.
- Revenue in the Sauces and Condiments segment amounts to US$4,951m in 2018. The market is expected to grow annually by 7.1% (CAGR 2018-2021).
- In relation to total population figures, per person revenues of US$3.66 are generated in 2018
- The average per capita consumption stands at 2.0kg in 2018.
Oils & Fats
- 25 million tons of oilseeds harvested – the world´s fourth largest vegetable oil economy
- The world´s third largest importer of edible oils
- India is now the world´s third largest lubricants market (after America and China)
- The oleochemicals market in India is forecast to surpass $2.6 billion by 2025